.

May 14, 2009

Over and Over Again

That's what this week has been like. We're now at the end of our 5th trip between central California and central Washington! I think the last time I posted we had just delivered our load of peas to the port in Stockton, CA and reloaded fertilizer going to Washington.
We delivered our fertilizer in Othello, WA, took meat and bone meal to Delhi, CA, reloaded feather meal two miles down the road from there and are waiting our turn to unload in Prossor, WA. We're reloading somewhere near here, sometime after mid-night, and taking that to Delhi, CA, delivering Saturday, and reloading near there. Then we'll take whatever product we get there and bring it back to somewhere here in Washington!

So that lovely drive I was telling you about on US97....I've got it memorized now. I know when the weigh stations are open and when they aren't because I've passed them at all hours of the day and night. I know where the cops like to hide....they don't. I haven't seen but maybe two the entire week down through there. And also I've chosen which little towns I'm going to stop in when we get time and which stores I'm going to browse through...when we get time.

Yeah, its getting old. I'd like to travel a new road, so I don't loose my love of 97. You know...too much of a good thing. However, its good miles, really good miles, so I'm not going to complain. If this keeps up we'll have had a super month, so I'm going to drive up and down I-5 and US97 as many times as they ask me to!

Last night after loading in Livingston, CA we stopped at a truck stop near there to get a little fuel. I walked next door to a Starbucks. Thought I'd get a little pick-me-up, since I'd been up a little while and wanted to drive long enough for Malcolm to sleep good. I decided to try something different...different for me anyway. I had a white chocolate mocha...and loved it! I'm looking forward to stopping there again and having another, just as soon as we get our next load delivered.

No comments: