.

May 8, 2009

I Love My Mom

As Mother's Day draws near, I've been thinking about what I could do special for her from 2000 miles away. My mind also strayed to all the things she's done for me. I was blessed with incredible parents. I couldn't have asked for or expected a better childhood, and as an adult, she is one of my best and closest friends. She has given me so much in life, and there is no thanks great enough. I love you Mom! You've taught me so much, with intention and also just from watching you.

From my Mama I learned:


  • to share


  • to love


  • the meaning of friendship


  • a love for God's creations


  • the beauty of a garden


  • that reading is fun


  • to respect myself as well as others


  • to be proud of who I am


  • that I am special and God loves me


  • the joy of raising chickens


  • that piano music is beautiful


  • to sing praises to my God


  • that being a mother and wife is the greatest privilege in the world


  • to ask forgiveness of those you hurt


  • to never assume anything


  • that there are always consequences of our choices


  • that an active relationship with God is important


  • that the best place to spend a summer afternoon is on the porch with a glass of tea and your mom


  • that families love each other no matter what


  • the joy of cooking


  • that you have to clean up the kitchen when your done


  • that exercise is more fun with a friend


  • the joy of watching birds eat at your feeders


  • that traveling to new places is always an adventure


  • the importance of pampering yourself once in a while


  • that my Daddy is even more amazing than I realized


  • pride in my southern heritage


  • an appreciation for desserts


  • the rewards of personal sacrifice


  • that there's no place like home


  • that being different is a good thing


  • that craft shows are really cool


  • that sister's make great friends


  • that I am loved beyond all comprehension by my mother

No comments: