.

December 9, 2008

More for Your Reading List

Here are two more good reads.

Last week I re-read The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, soon to be released as a movie. I read this a few years ago, and truely enjoyed the story. If you havn't read it, please do. I havn't decided if I'm going to see the movie or not. On the one hand I'd love to because I love the story, and I like the actresses they've got involved. On the other hand, I don't want a dissappointment and a good book spoiled for me.


This week I read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See.


This was recommended to me by my Mom and Aunt Lisa after I sent them a forward with pictures of an Asian woman with bound feet. Remember that forward that went around? I think I sent it to most of my email friends. Anyway, this was a really good read, rather sad, but a good story. Very well written, and I loved all the information I gained on the culture. I also learned at the end of the book in the authors notes, that she actually got to go spend time in the this remote part of China where her book is based. She did a lot of research and interviewing with the locals there, and based a lot of her book on what she learned while there. I found that fascinating that she got to do that. So, when you get time, check this one out too. Its well worth the time.

No comments: