.

August 19, 2009

Home, or so I Think

Been home since Friday night, and yet not home at all, I feel.
Went to the rodeo, delivered the load to Three Forks, picked up the new truck, delivered the old truck, got my hair done, and so on. Actually we've been home, but not home. What time we've had here, has been spent gutting the old truck, and now he's out there designing and building computer stand parts and other such things for the new one. Tomorrow is moving day, provided he gets all his stuff done so I won't be in his way. I've got to move all our things back in the new truck, and in a way its a shame. Its so nice and clean and unmarred in there, and I kind of hate the thought of disturbing that. But in we must go!

Thought we might leave Saturday on a good paying load to Los Angelas (ick!), but alas, it fell through (we're both clapping our hands and smiling inside). The money would have been great ($2.00 a mile!) but we both wanted to stay home. So we'll try and have this wrapped up by the end of the day Friday, or at least my part will be...he can do what he wants...and we'll take the weekend off to really be home! Just a couple days for a breather before we hit it hard again!

The new baby is beautiful! I'll have pictures later.

Montana is treating us well this week. Saturday and Sunday the high's were in the mid-60's. WONDERFUL weather! Since Monday its been a little warmer, in the 70's, and I think it was supposed to be around 80 today. And apparently it rained last night, a good soft soaking rain. We needed that. It feels, smells, and almost looks like fall! I know that seems crazy to my southern relatives and friends, but....that's Montana and I'm not complaining. I'm loving it!

1 comment:

Ed said...

Enjoy the off time, I took a couple of days in Dallas and went to the zoo. Even when I'm home it dose not feel like home to me either, its great to visit the folks and get a good homecooked meal but I can't wait to get back on the road. I guess Its finally in my blood..:-)