.

September 25, 2008

My Playlist

Ok, I know it might annoy some, but Rocky Top is like a sacred song to those of us who grew up in a Tennessee Vols fan's home. And even though I'm not a big sports person, and almost resented Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday football on TV, as I've aged, I've become kind of nostagic about the stuff. And if I were totally honest, I'd have to admit that I actually ENJOY watching football now, to an extent, but ONLY the Tennessee Vol games and sometimes local middle and high school games. I think it might be more of a sentimental attachment, so don't go so far as to call me a "fan" just yet. I even am considering getting someone to mail me one of those decorative flags you hang on your house, but one for TN, because my new house already has the hanger on the porch for the flag pole. Wouldn't that confuse the neighbors. Reckon they even know who the Vols are? I'm not sure.
Anyway, I heard this song on my Sirius radio the other night when I was listening to my Bluegrass channel, and I got all sappy. And so, I've put it on my playlist, because even though I love Montana and I love living here, I do still get a little teary eyed thinking about all we've left in Tennessee.
So I dedicate the first song on my playlist to all my friends and family and the TN Vols....may they have a great season and not let their first game against UCLA (which my dad was very disgusted over when I talked to him following the game) be an indication of what this years season will be like. When you're all sitting around the living room watching the game, visiting, and eating yummy stuff, I'll be there with you in spirit!
GO VOLS! (I can't believe I'm saying that.....have you fallen out of your chairs reading it?)
And for those who are NOT a Vols fan, or have any affection for the song, it will probably only be on here a week or so, because as much as I like the song...it TOTALLY clashes with the mood of my blog, so it will have to go shortly.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I am shocked... and almost fell out of my seat! MY sister... talking about football??? Craziness I tell you! lol

And... the VOlS kind of suck this year! But true fans never fade! ;-)