.

August 24, 2010

Still Waiting in Saint George

We're still sittin in Saint George. We thought the truck was going to be done this afternoon, but when Malcolm got over there to pick it up, they had found something else they were suspicious of, and since it was under warranty, and since this shop just got opened and they need work, they wanted to fix it. Figured might as well let them have a go at it since its not an expense for us, other than being another day behind in work.
So its should be done tomorrow around 2:00 and I sure hope so. This hotel room is getting smaller everyday.

Last week, before all this came down around our heads, we drove some pretty routes, one in particular was out of Portland going east. We hopped off I-84 and headed southeast across country and around the base of Mt. Hood. It was getting to be dusk, but I still got a few pictures before it got to be too dark.



And these are actually from the same area, on the Columbia River, but taken the week before we went home. I just never got around to posting them. I've seen wind surfers on the river before, but NEVER this many at once!


The river was just full of them at this one spot, and then further down the river was another spot full of...I don't know what its called, but its along the same lines only they were using parachutes to catch the wind instead of sails. It was really neat!

The girls are getting kind of tired of being here I think. They don't mind so long as we stay in the room with them, but I think the first time we went to eat and left them in the room they were a little unsettled about being where they were and left alone. I can only imagine what they thought when the tow truck pulled the truck to the shop. Malcolm and I had to ride in the tow truck of course, but the girls were in the truck. Oh to have been a fly on the wall when the truck started rolling down the road without their people in it! I wonder if they sat in the front seats and stood on the steering wheel like they do when we leave them in there to go eat or something. Wouldn't that have been a site!

Hope you are all having a great week. If this has caused nothing else, it has given me a renewed interest in working. For the first time in quite a while, I can not WAIT to get back to work!!!

2 comments:

Sharon Tachenko said...

Perspective can be EVERYTHING, huh?! Likely you've gotten more "rest" than you have in forever. . . Lots of pent up energy to put to some "truckin good use." Hope you're "back on the road again" very SOON!

And yes, I loved the picture of your girls riding the truck alone. Pretty funny to think about!
Hugs to all -Sharon

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as always. Hope you have a great weekend.