.

January 8, 2010

An Unexpected Break...Again

Tuesday night we drove through a blizzard in South Dakota. I mean it literally when I say we couldn't see past the hood ornament on our truck. It was that much of a white out, more than either of us has ever been in. Malcolm drove with his head out the window watching the line so we wouldn't run off the road, and I watched for tail lights. It took 2 1/2 hours to get from Wall, SD to Rapid City which is about a 55 mile drive, and along the way I counted at least 9 trucks run off the road on our side alone...that I could see.

Needless to say, by the time we reached Billings on Wednesday morning we were beyond at the end of our ropes. We desperatly need some home time. And so Malcolm called the broker and asked if we could possible deliver Monday morning instead of Friday, and after some inquiry on his part, the answer was "sure."

So we've been here since Wednesday morning late, and its been really really nice. Just been sitting around the house, catching up on laundry, and took the girls to the vet for an over due visit.

Only realy point of interest from the whole three days so far is that we have about 8 inches of un-windswept snow that is so pretty. And Thursday morning dawned bright, clear, and beautiful....and 34 degrees below zero! I was praising God all day for keeping the wind away. I can't even imagine what that would have been like. And I also overlooked a few potty accidents on the floor. I don't blame the girls for not wanting to go out to take care of business.

Be back on Sunday. Have a safe and relaxing Saturday and stay warm out there!

1 comment:

small farm girl said...

Sarah, I'm glad you made it home in all of this wild weather. Now take a deep breath, sit back, call the dogs to your lap, cover up with a blanket, and take a nap. It sounds like you deserve it.

Be safe,
sfg