.

January 14, 2010

Mom's Quilt

Now that Christmas is over, and I presented the gift to Mom, I can now finally post a picture of it. This is me, bragging on myself, something I normally don't do, but this time, I'm gonna.

I started this last January, taking a square at a time with me in the truck. I had so much fun with this quilt, picking out the colors, using my pattern to create the pitchers with just the right floral design, and doing the hand applique which I had not done before. Aside from having my mother-in-law show me how to do the hand stitching, this is the first quilt I have done completely by myself, start to finish. (except I took it to a quilter in Billings to be quilted, and let her do the binding too)

It turned out so beautiful, and I think Mom liked it. It made her cry, so I think she might have liked it some. I hope it brings lots of pleasure to her and she is reminded how much I love her every time she sees it.

Love you Mom!

8 comments:

Ed said...

Beautiful quilt. Macro Monday is just a thing some of us do for mondays, as is Wordless wednesday. If you want to when you do a Macro Monday and if you want to just drop a comment at Sunday Stills unser the Macro Monday post and other folks will know you did a MM post...
Later..Ed

Sharon Tachenko said...

It is so beautiful, Sarah! I know she will feel VERY loved whenever she looks at it! I'm sure she has it dispayed someplace special were she can see it all the time!

Beck's Country Living said...

I love it my daughter loves to quilt I will have to show her your quilt she has made me and DH each one. She is only 21 and loves to do things like that she is such a old sole. Have a safe and happy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh Sara I LOVE your quilt. It's nice to find another kindred soul amongst my blogging friends. It's just beautiful. :)

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Wow, I love the colors. What a special gift.

hillybilly annie said...

that is so cute pattern, the quilt looks beautifull

Meagan said...

Um, yeah... brought a tear to my eye too! Quilts. MIGHT be the most thoughtful gifts every! I love the quilt you made me and think of it every time I see it hanging in the yellow room! :-) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt you made mom... You are amaizing!

LOVE YOU!
MISS U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
XOXO!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww! I'm amazed that's your first quilt, too. You have a real talent for handwork.


~Lisa